What is a CCIM?
What is a CCIM? (www.ccim.com)
A CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member) is a recognized expert in the commercial and investment real estate industry. The CCIM lapel pin is earned after successfully completing a designation process that ensures CCIMs are proficient not only in theory, but also in practice. This elite corps of CCIMs includes brokers, leasing professionals, investment counselors, asset managers, appraisers, corporate real estate executives, property managers, developers, institutional investors, commercial lenders, attorneys, bankers, and other allied professionals.
A CCIM is part of a global commercial real estate network with members across North America and more than 30 countries. This professional network has enabled CCIM members to close thousands of transactions annually, representing more than $200 billion in value. As a result, the experts who possess the CCIM designation are an invaluable resource for commercial real estate owners, investors, and users.
CCIMs have completed a designation curriculum that covers essential CCIM skill sets including ethics, interest-based negotiation, financial analysis, market analysis, user decision analysis, and investment analysis for commercial investment real estate. CCIMs have completed a portfolio demonstrating the depth of their commercial real estate experience. Finally, they have demonstrated their proficiency in the CCIM skill sets by successfully completing a comprehensive examination. Only then is a designation candidate awarded the coveted CCIM pin, joining the ranks of highly skilled commercial and investment real estate experts.
Why hire a REALTOR®? (www.howrealtorshelp.ca)
Here’s what we promise you:
1. Your REALTOR® is a trained professional:
REALTORS® take extensive pre-licensing courses in order to obtain credentials for practicing in real estate.
2. Your REALTOR® is continuously trained: REALTORS® keep pace with the times by taking continuing education courses to upgrade their knowledge on a broad range of real estate related issues in order to be able to continue to provide consumers with current advice.
3. Your REALTOR® does everything by the book: A REALTOR® must be registered under provincial laws that govern exactly how real estate can and cannot be traded. These regulations are your legal guarantee of professional behavior.
4. Your REALTOR® is an ethical businessperson: REALTORS® must adhere to the extensive Code of Ethics of the Canadian Real Estate Association. Several provinces have additional codes of ethics governing real estate professionals. Your interests must always be put first.
5. Opportunity for recourse: Should you have concerns about the professional behavior of a REALTOR®, provincial regulators and your local real estate board or association take these matters very seriously and work quickly to resolve any issues.
6. Your REALTOR® has access to a local Board’s MLS® System: A Board’s MLS® system is the single most powerful tool for buying and selling a home. Your REALTOR® can provide you with exclusive features of the Board’s MLS® System, such as immediate notification when new properties are listed. You don’t have to wait for it to be posted on a web site.
What should I expect when I enlist the help of a REALTOR® to sell my property?
REALTORS® help you get the most for your assets and they remove stress and confusion from the process. Here are just some of the advantages.
Your REALTOR® becomes your property’s champion: When you sign a “Listing Agreement” with your REALTOR®, this is their promise that he or she will use all their skills and resources to get the most for your property.
REALTORS® know how to attract the most potential buyers: Your REALTOR® is an expert real estate promoter, connected to a network of agents and their buyers. He or she knows how to write compelling ads for your property, and only REALTORS® can place your property on a Board’s MLS® System.
REALTORS® will help you increase your homes “sale-ability”: You probably have an emotional attachment to your property, and therefore can’t view it objectively. Your REALTOR® will help you present your property in the best light, so buyers will fall in love with it more easily.
Market Knowledge – to help you get the most for your property
REALTORS® are masters of reading the market and pricing your property for maximum return. A REALTOR®’s experience literally pays!
Negotiation Skills – to keep the deal on track: REALTORS® are indispensable when it comes to bargaining with buyers. Tempers can flare and heels can dig in. Your REALTOR® is an expert at smoothing things out.